Friday, January 11, 2008

Back in Business

We finally got a new battery for our laptop and now I'm back in contact with the world. So much has been going on the past few weeks, it's going to take a few posts just to get caught up.

One of the highlights of the past few weeks was Ryleigh's first trip to the dentist. She's way over due for her first check-up so we headed in on Monday. She did remarkably well. She let them take her x-rays and clean her teeth. The really good part was when the dentist let me know that her teeth are in great shape. No cavities and very normal looking enamel. Hearing that made all those wrestling matches in which I forced Ryleigh to brush her teeth and all those tears that I caused when I refused some sugary thing she was begging for seem totally worth it. I have made a child and I have taken care of her enamel. Score.

Avery is growing like a weed, like a really adorable weed that looks like an angel when dressed in pink. She's given a few giggles here and there over the past week, but last night she really stepped it up. While dinner was cooking and we were waiting on daddy to get home, I kneeled in the floor while holding Avery so we could play dancing with Ryleigh. The dogs gathered around us and when Rocky came nose to nose with Avery she began laughing. Like crazy deep breathing kind of laughs. The best part is that Jeramy walked in right then and got to see her big gummy smiley laughingness. -tear-

Things are going pretty well. Jeramy has gotten situated in his new office building and is getting to know all the new people that are around as a result of his company's merger. I've formed a little weekly coffee group of SAHMs with babies and I'm working on a few upcoming charity events, I'm even co-chairing one event.

We tried out a new church last week and may have found a winner. Ryleigh has become very intested in learning about God and Jesus, so we're trying to embrace that curiosity while it's there. When I picked her up from school a few days ago, the weather had gotten a bit chilly since the morning. She asked me why it was windy and cold and I told her that God just decided to make it that way today. She just shook her head and said: "Silly God"

No comments: