Saturday, December 29, 2007

And I Shall Watch The View Every Day

I have decided to stay home.

I gave notice at work yesterday. I will not be returning and I will be accepting the title of Stay At Home Mom. It's been a huge weight lifted off my shoulders too. I'm excited to be able to remain by Avery's side, to watch her grow and help her reach her milestones. I'm excited to be able to spend more time with Ryleigh, to be able to have breakfast together in the mornings and to be able to make dinner together in the evening. Ryleigh will continue to stay in school part-time, as she has since Avery was born.

Jeramy and I have been toying with this idea since last summer, however with his company going through a merger, we just didn't see it as a good idea until we knew what was going on with his job. Last week he was offered a promotion within the new company. This sealed the deal and made our decicison very easy.

We had a great time in West Texas. Avery has started to make lots of cooing noises and follow objects with her eyes. She especially loves to talk to her bugs that Sara and Kalman gave her that hang from her car seat. She has also started smiling a lot. People, her smile could melt the polar ice caps. She is certainly all girl and Jeramy and I were just talking about how we haven't had a single person mistake her for a boy.

Our family computer is temporarily down, but as soon as we get a new battery, I will be posting lots of pics from our vacation.

1 comment:

The Liles' said...

Jennifer...congrats on the new "job title"! You will love every minute of it!