Thursday, May 15, 2008

A month....really?............really??

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I posted. We've been so incredibly busy over the past month! First of all, Jackson's ear healed just fine and though I vowed revenge and compensation, I never did anything to track down the owner of the other dog other than call the Houston PD, who totally blew me off. Apparently they have better things to do than help me track down the owners of a viscious ear-eating dog. Such is life and to them....karma man....karma.

Since my last post I have put approximately 6,000 miles on my Tahoe and have many tales of our traveling adventures. The first trip took me and the girls up to Arlington where we met up with my parents who took Ryleigh back to West Texas with them. She spent two nights with Grandma Terri and Papa Steve. The second night they went to "Nemo on Ice", aka, the Ice Capades. Ryleigh absolutely loved it and still tells us about it when we read her Nemo book or play with her Nemo hat or drink out of her Nemo cup or eat out of her Nemo bowl. My parents, they don't spoil our children at all. I met back up with my mom in Fredericksberg to pick up Ryleigh and got to spend of night with my recently preggers friend Karen. After I drooled over Karen and Jeremy Wallace's wonderful garden filled with strawberries, pumpkins and tomotoes, I headed back home with both of the girls.

One might think of me as slightly crazy for making two such trips with two such small children, but the girls did really well. And, this trip was only the beginning of many, many hours on the road in the weeks ahead.

More on that later...got lots of laundry going and a baby to feed. Who, by the way is well into eating solids. So far, we've had sweet pototoes, bananas, yogurt, cereal and peaches. Nothing really sticks out as her favorite, but she's willing to try anything so far.

No comments: