Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Milestones

Two major events this week:

First, Ryleigh started her new preschool this week. Yes, I have pictures from the first day and as soon as I find the cord that allows me to download them to my computer, I will post them for all to see. She has been so excited about starting her new school and has just dove right in. The school is on the second floor of a small office building and the first day she didn't want me to walk her up the stairs. Because, mom is like, so like, totally embarrassing around her peeps. Preschool and daycare in general is very rare here. Mostly kids stay with family members after their moms go back to work after their year-long maternity leave. So, you can imagine all this kids going to school for the first time, crying for their mommies, and there is Ryleigh. Wondering what the hell is wrong with all these crying babies....school totally kicks ass.

Second, Avery got her first tooth. Yes, our 11 month and 5 day old, walking like nobody's business, eating all sorts of solid food baby/toddler finally got her first tooth. I have to admit, I'm going to miss that big gummy smile of hers. It melts my heart every single time. But, in a way, I'm thankful that I was allowed to have it for long. It kind of made me feel like my baby was able to be for a little bit longer, my baby.

No comments: