Saturday, September 6, 2008

This Is How We Roll

I wanted to post a few pics from our whole new world. First off, my new ride. She's not quite as big as the Tahoe, but she is nice and smooth.
Next up is Jeramy's new ride. After having to drive the Jetta for the last 10 months, its a fair upgrade.












Next is my lovely clothes line which I can not seem to figure out how to use. The weather is here is so fickle. It can be so beautiful with the sun shining one minute and then all of a sudden, the rain comes. And it's cold. And the clothes are wetter than they were when I put them out. Ridiculous.










The final picture appears to be just an ordinary wooden box. Nothing fancy. However, this has been my life's pursuit since we got here. Trash pick-up here is a lot like Sugar Land. A big truck comes and picks up whatever you have out on the curb. The problem is that if you put your trash in an upright Rubbermaid trash can, it will inevitably get blown over and you will be picking up trash out of the ditch (just ask Jeramy, he knows). If you just sit your trash out in plastic bags, the stupid ass birds will peck their way through and make a huge mess of your driveway which you have to go pick up (just ask me, I know). It's also worse here than it would be back home because we don't have a garbage disposal in the kitchen. That is an idea that hasn't really caught on here.

What stupid ass birds? These stupid ass birds:

That's not our house, but I got a kick out of this one. I just want to know what the neighbours (Canadian sp) did to piss them off. (Yes, that's birdie poo.) Hehehe.


Anyways, we were told that you could get a garbage box at the local Home Depot type store, but they've been out for two weeks. Most everyone here has a garbage box, so it was just crazy how we couldn't find one. We drove all over this town and finally found a guy at a lumber store that offered to draw us a map on a scrap piece of cardboard to a house down by the cove where he had seen boxes outside for sale. So, score for us!


I'll post more pics in the next few days of the inside of our house. It's just so messy right now (shut up Rebekah). We're still unpacking, but we're close to being done. We ordered Ryleigh a new matress today and I have her room painted and just about ready to go. Once I get her settled, I can focus on Avery's room. Plus we have to get Avery a new bed since hers got broken in the move. She's been toughing it out in the pack and play since we got here. That and in our bed.

No comments: