Monday, October 26, 2009

Real Women Move Heavy Things

I had to to go the doctor last week for back pain, something that I have never had an issue with in my entire life. Apparently I have been lifting and heaving too many boxes and large pieces of furniture over the past few weeks. Lack of a husband will cause one to do such things when one has barely moved into a new house. So now I have back pain pills which is cool, but the side affects (or effects, whatever the hell is right) cause me to have to drink lots of prune juice which is not so cool. I assured the doctor I would not lift anything else for a few weeks, right after I finish tidying up the garage from when my husband "tidied up the garage" and after I finish decorating the dining room which has a large armoire right in my way.

So, here is my finished dining room (well, it could use a few more accessories and a new rug):



And here is the girls' bathroom, also in need of more hot pink accessories:



I still suck at decorating, but I am pleased with these spaces so far. There is still lots to do in the house, but I am officially on a painting hiatus and hope to stay that way until after the new year.

I fall more in love with this house every day. My parents were here for Avery's birthday and they both seemed to be very proud of this real estate decision. We always liked our house in Sugar Land, but never really loved it. Well, maybe I did love my KitchenAid appliances that I didn't even get to enjoy for a year...you're welcome new, ungrateful homeowners.

But back to this house, the neighbors have all been really great so far and the home is just so open, but cozy. I have been able to stay on top of the cleaning in this house and so far no one has fallen down the one single stair leading into the front door and broken a rib. That in no way guarantees any future avoidance of drunken rib breaking but the downsizing of the number of stairs is bound to work in our favor.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

i'm loving all the green! can't wait to see it in person eventually. :) miss you!

Kerry Beth said...

dining room turned out fabulous! love it...