Thursday, October 1, 2009

Would You Like Some Rant With Your Lunch?

I just got back from having lunch with Ryleigh up at her school. It was fun, hanging out with all those little kids. They're all so cute and sweet and....JUST KIDDING!!

God bless our teachers, those kids are crazy! They make you take your kid and go sit over at a table by yourself and what an excellent idea that is. I still could barely hear my kids over all the chatter though. After we were done eating Ryleigh took me over to meet all of her friends. There are some really sweet girls in her class but the boys were just out of control. An all girls school isn't sounding too shabby right about now. After lunch all the kids had to line up against the wall. I was talking to Ryleigh and her friends and then I turn and look over and the boys are holding their lunch boxes up in the air and letting the other boys kick at it. Geeze! They responded well to me telling them to stop but really, I now get what Ryleigh is talking about when she says the boys are always causing trouble. Man, I love my girls.

What killed me though was seeing what some parents send in their child's lunchbox. And would you believe it, the kids with the most fatty and sugary items are the ones that are already overweight at the age of 5. Go figure. I'm not saying that I'm the role model of health consciousness, but really, if you send BBQ potato chips and sugary kool-aid to school with your kid for lunch you can just expect them to grow up and have the habits and the health of someone who ate BBQ potato chips and sugary kool-aid every day for lunch. Word.

No comments: