Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Jeramy is offshore again and has been for almost a week now. That's one down, two more to go. The only thing that is harder than having Jeramy leave to go offshore for weeks at a time is having Jeramy leave to go offshore after three fabulous weeks home. It is definitely much easier to deal with him being gone when I am racing to get him to the airport because he is annoying the shit out of me. Lesson for Jeramy, please work harder to throw more pairs of underwear on the floor and don't eat the last pickle a few days before you leave next time...you should make things easy on the ones you love when you can.

We did so much and nothing at all his last hitch home. He got to take Ryleigh to school, go eat lunch with her and pick her up off the bus any day he chose. He got to help with homework and give me a reason to make real meals. And, we went camping. In college there was a group of us that liked to make an annual November camping trip to New Braunfels for a little time next to the river. Those trips involved much more beer and ham than our little family trip. I also remember the college trips being a bit more relaxing, but maybe that's because I was only responsible for one meal during the trip. So things change. And now it's a family trip and it was fantastic. The girls really had a blast and have never been so filthy in their lives. They are now expert duck scarer awayers and now know that smores are not meant to be made in a microwave. Mission accomplished.

Tomorrow the girls and I head to Brownwood to meet up with my grandparents for a little turkey, stuffing and hanging out watching the deer walk by time. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I can't even begin to list all things that I am thankful for in my life. But more than anything, my wonderful husband and my fabulous girls.

Here are the best pics from the camping trip:













No comments: