Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jobby Job

Because my life has been way too blissfully simple, unstressful and non-scheduled I have taken on a part-time job. It's something I can do at home and I'm basically the personal assistant for some friends of ours in Canada trying to expand their business into Texas. One of the things I have been doing is posting job descriptions on various websites in the hopes of finding them some employees.

Parents of 22-30 year olds, did you not think your child would need to know how to write a resume??? The Chinese are definately going to take over the world if what I've seen roll in so far from degreed candidates is any indication of the next generation of American workers. And it pains me to say this, but the worst have been from the Hire Aggies website. See for yourself. These are taken from actual resumes submitted by adults that claim to want to be hired. Enjoy.

OBJECTIVE To receive a well paying position.

Server: Performed server duties .....tipped $100 on numerous occasions for outstanding service.

OBJECTIVE Seeking an entry level position as ________ in research at __________.

Major GPR: ___, Overall GPR: 2.849


Seriously, glad you let me know that you are looking for a well paying position, otherwise I might have thought you want to work for free. Thanks for the heads up on the $100 tips. When we want to order in for a working lunch I'll know who to ask to set the table. And really, if you can't bother to remember to properly fill in the blanks on your resume template how the hell did you manage to remember to put on underwear this morning.

Ahhhh, it sure feels good to work again.

No comments: