Monday, December 21, 2009

Out West

Friday Ryleigh got out of school at noon since it was the last day of the 3rd six weeks. We are now officially halfway through Kindergarten. Yeah, I'm totally stunned. I can not believe how fast it's all going. First grade, here we come!

So on Friday since Ryleigh got out of school early we loaded up and headed to Austin to see our friends Karen and Jeremy and their adorable little 12 month old, Autumn. Karen and Jeremy met at our wedding, they actualy walked down the aisle together as bride's maid and groom's man. Hmmmm, wonder who made that happen...:) It was so awesome to see them and little Autumn. All three girls took a bath together Saturday morning and it was just unmeasurable cuteness to see them playing together in the bath.

Saturday we made it the rest of the way to West Texas just in time for the Wood family Christmas event at my Uncle Wayne and Aunt Kelly's new house. I love having to walk around a big ol' pile of horse crap on my way to the front door of a house. And of course, the evening wouldn't have been complete without the dog getting sprayed by porcupine quills. But hey, the food was awesome and the company even better. It's always nice to see all the cousins that I grew up with, especially now that we all have our own little families.

So we've already eaten at Habanero's and had the midnight munchies chimichanga from the gas station, so that's pretty much it for decent non-hamburger type food in this town. Jeramy ventured out to the new Chinese place today for lunch, but I'll stick to my sandwiches thank you very much.

Tomorrow Santa has to make a trip to Odessa for some last minute gift buying because Santa is an idiot and left the Santa gifts in the top of the closet back in Katy. Santa is really hoping there will be no problems trying to return the DSI sitting in Katy since a second DSI has been purchased to take it's place Christmas morning. Stupid Santa.

Today is Jeramy's birthday and I'm glad we still have friends in this town because I'm laid up on the couch with a sore throat and slight fever. He just headed out to go hang out and I think I will be heading to bed shortly after the girls. Cheers NyQuil!

1 comment:

Collin said...

Yeah, some of my favorite restaurants have closed...The Big Burger, Vicky's/Fermin's, and others. On one trip home, Marisa and I got to eat there the last day it was open...the food was good but I was sad it was closing. Hey, the Spotlight and Super Burger are still around! Pappy's is also good. Alright, that's it...why do you have to make me homesick! =) Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!