Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jeramy leaves for the rig tomorrow...already...*sigh*. I wish he had about another week before he had to leave. I have some light bulbs I would like changed...and it would be good to have a few more evening to hang out on the couch together. This hitch home Jeramy spent the first week in the office covering for a coworker and the second week and then some out in West Texas for the holidays. This is our third night home from our trip and it's just gone by too fast. So tonight I thought I would make an extra nice meal for his last night home.

So, how exactly is a beef tenderloin supposed to look after it's cooked? I read a friend's blog last week and for Christmas dinner they had a beef tenderloin which sounded amazing. So I found a recipe and followed it exactly and it still turned out as basically a big hunk of raw meat with a cooked exterior. I was able to salvage it by slicing and then cooking the slices in a pan, but I'm pretty sure that's not the point. So, off to research and figure out what I did wrong. Maybe I should just stick to casseroles and stir-fry.

The house feels a little vacant tonight, we already put all of our Christmas stuff up. It was either do it today, or it would have to wait until Jeramy got back. I don't think I could take another 3 weeks of stockings hanging from the fireplace.

Until the New Year, Peace be with you and your family.

No comments: