Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Daisy

Okay, just a quickie because I have 4 hours of 24 waiting for me on the DVR an it's already 11pm. Jack Bauer should NEVER have to sit unwatched on the DVR, shame - on - me!

Today was Ryleigh's first Girl Scout meeting. Of course I forgot to fill out all the medical release forms until I was sitting in a Quck Books class this afternoon. I raced home and got them all filled out digitally and then my printer wouldn't work so I just knew that I blew my kids first meeting because I couldn't find time to fill out 4 forms over the past week. Damn tequila.

Anywho, she got to stay for the meeting so it was all good. I think she enjoyed it. She seemed a little disappointed that it wasn't just a big playdate, but they did some neat crafts so that made her happy. THE moment for me was when they said the girl scout pledge, you know, the one where you hold your three fingers up? I felt like I was in the ol' Girl Scout hut in Monahans saying my own pledge. Come on Monahans girls, you remember the green and white hut...and the tree we ALL climbed and at least one girl a year fell out of and broke their arm? Awwww, the good ol' days. Camp Mitre Peak flashbacks to follow....

So she is super cute in her Daisy vest but no, I haven't taken a picture. We still have a few more pins and patches to get on it before I do that. But I will definitely post for all to see!

And....YES! We are selling Girl Scout cookies!!! And we will deliver! You know you want some Thin Mints, just go ahead and email me your order!

No comments: