Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bugs are for Squashing

Yesterday I had a run-in with the pregnancy bug. I had a few friends over for a playdate, aka Operation Destroy Jennifer's House. One of my friends is 39 weeks preggers and showed up wearing one of my maternity shirts I had loaned her. I wasn't expecting what happened next. She is lots more pregnant than the last time I saw her and it was one of my favorite maternity shirts. That combined with the fact that we have made the decision that our family is as large as it needs to be which means I will never wear that favorite maternity shirt again added up to me losing it. I made my friend leave the room I was in so I could get my cry out and then I was fine. I'm fine, really, I do NOT want to be pregnant again, I know this from the depth of my soul. Pegnancy sucks, not being able to lay down for four months sucks, pushing a baby out of my body sucks, sucks, sucks. Not gonna happen, capt'n.

Then the girls and I went out to dinner last night with our Canadian friends that just moved her. They have an eleven week old and she is gorgeous. She snuggles and rooted all over my neck which just about made me start lactating all over again. When we left the restaurant the mom mentioned needing to nurse in the car before they left for home. A flood of memories came back recalling countless nursing sessions in the car, just me and my babies and our little bit of time together while the world just passed us by. That part doesn't suck. Not at all.

2 comments:

Tawny said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Valerie just chatted with Chris via Facebook. He arrives here on the 8th and they are going skiing.

Your girls are adorable.

Happy New Year1

Betsy said...

Oh, girl. I still work on squashing that bug daily. But I'm trying to reason with myself that I could have 12 babies, and I'd just keep right on getting the urge.

But if you can't squash the bug just do it, and get it over with if you're going to! :D I think it only gets harder if you wait! I'm pretty sure another little Monty would be awful cute...