Sunday, May 16, 2010

Calling Me Out

Avery had a pretty late nap today which, as always, led into a rough time getting her to go to bed tonight. So, here I am with Ryleigh in bed wanting her good night song, and a drink of water, and some allergy medicine, and whatever else she can think of to procrastinate....and then there is Avery in her bed just crying away for Mama. So after I get Ryleigh all that she needs, or at least can think of at the moment, I start to walk out the room to tend to the screaming 2 year old in the other room when I hear her little voice behind me go:

"So who's the good kid now."

I stopped, my heart stopped and I just looked to the sky and had a total Doh! kind of moment. What a heavy statement for my 5 year old to make. My five year old who is doing her very best to become a big kid and to make good decisions and do right things just totally called me out on not taking enough notice of her efforts.

I turned around, sat back down on the bed and did my very best to make up for the recent lack of "I'm so proud of you" and "You are such an awesome kid" statements. Way to go mom...way...to...go.

If I could I would shout it from the mountain what an amazing kid she is. So smart and sooo pretty and kind. She cares about everyone she comes into contact with, she doesn't understand why everyone can't just get along and be friends. Ryleigh only has 13 days left in Kindergarten and then we're off to 1st grade! I really just couldn't be any more proud of her if I tried and she's not just a good kid, she's the best kid!

No comments: