Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy Day

Today was a rough day for me. Any day that I have make-up on before 8am is destined to be icky. I got Ryleigh to school this morning a little early so I could have my car into the dealership by 9am. The front headlamp washer was broken and I'll be damn if I'm driving my car like that. Actually, it was like that when we picked it up and I don't want to be charged for it at the end of my lease. So, now my headlamp can be properly washed when needed...isn't that special.

After that wondrous adventure, I came home and met the furniture adjuster so that all my broken furniture could be examined. As expected, she feels that it can all be fixed and doesn't need to be replaced. We'll see about that, I'm pretty sure that I have some fight left in me yet. The thing that really ticks me off is that everything that is broken is just because of stupid carelessness.

Lesson learned: When having a bunch of chumps over to pack your stuff, watch very closely. Offer advice on how to turn a screwdriver when it is deemed as necessary. Resist the urge to offer tea and cookies thinking it will put them in a friendly packing mood and encourage compassion for your brand new, hard-earned furniture.

My goal was to make it to yoga by 11, but the adjuster didn't leave until 10 minutes until, so instead Avery and I curled up for our first nursing session of the day while I watched my recorded Desperate Housewives. After picking up Ryleigh and having some lunch we headed to the doctor so that I could get a new thyroid meds prescription. I also found out how to apply for free health care coverage and it's so totally awesomely simple. Getting right on that one.

Tonight Ryleigh was particularly whiny and grumpy, a trend here lately it seems. The whining just drives me batty, but I'm striving for patience. The girls were both in bed by 8, so that has left me lots of time to fool around on the web and post a few things that will make my mom's family pray extra hard for me tonight. It's okay, God loves democrats too.

No comments: