Monday, November 5, 2007

Night One - Single Mom to Two

Jeramy left for the rig today, which means that for the next two weeks, for all intents and purposes...I am a single parent. Tonight went better than I probably could have expected. I got both of the girls fed, bathed and in bed (though Avery will be back up soon)...and I still feel relatively sane. Our day started off at 7am as we set out to get Jeramy to the airport by 8am. I had Ryleigh at school by 9am and then Avery and I spent just about the whole day sleeping. I picked Ryleigh up at 2:30 and then battled with her over an hour to get her to change her clothes and wash her hands once we got home. (This is to protect Avery from any "germy bugs" that Ryleigh might bring home from school) Once she did agree to those two simple tasks, we made some cookies, then dinner which was followed by baths for both girls. It was Avery's first real bath (she lost her cord yesterday) and she seemd to really enjoy it, though the logistics of bathing both of the girls at the same time didn't fully play itself out in my head until we were past the point of no return.

The house is a complete wreck, even though Jeramy and I did a darn good job cleaning it yesterday. But, I figured that I have all of tomorrow to tidy back up while Ryleigh is in school. This I have found is a good thing about being at home, there is always tomorrow to get done whatever is on my mind the night before. It's 9pm and time to scoot off to bed for a night of feedings and diaper changings.

No comments: