Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap

We just enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving week! Jeramy got home last Monday and has been off work since then. That's 6 days straight of just the four of us hanging out, with the exception of Thanksgiving Day when we went up to Montgomery to see Jeramy's family. (Yes, the Montgomery family lives in Montgomery...charming, I know) We spent a lot of time just hanging around the house and getting the nursery set up. Avery's room is really starting to come together. I need to do a few more decorating type activities, but for the most part it's put together. We also got the tree up last night. And by tree, I mean tree. The lights and ornaments, not so much. Actually, I'm supposed to be on light checking duty right now, but instead I've been taking care of some household secretarial type activities. Seriously, how does anything get done when I'm working!

Avery is still growing like a crazy. Every day she changes and last night we put her mobile up in her bed which she really seems to like. It will keep her happy for a good 10 minutes or so. She's starting to fit in to her 3 month sized stuff. She's our little fat-so!

Ryleigh has been eerily good the last few days. She seems to be getting a bit more girly and must always dress as a princess these days. That means wearing pink and/or a head band. Her favorite thing to do right now is go on a bear hunt. This means that she and her hunting partner each take a flashlight and go looking all over the place for a bear. I stuck a stuffed bear under her covers the other night, thinking that she would find it fun to actually "find" a bear. When she found it, she just looked at me like, silly mom, this is a stuffed bear...don't you know that we're after the real deal???

Time to get the barking dog back in the house and to feed the baby, do some laundry, check the Christmas lights, make some bread, pick up the toddler....seriously, how is it that I manage to squeeze in work? I guess I'll find out in 6 more weeks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You make bread too? Crap, who are you? Ha ha