Monday, November 12, 2007

You Will Listen to me Whine

...and whine I shall, for I have been in this house for a week now, alone (Jeramy has been on the rig since last Monday), with two kids, one of which can not wipe her own ass and one of which just likes to pretend she can't wipe her own ass. I know, I know, mom, you did it for years and years and in greater isolation and with less resouces, and yes, my Nana had 4 children at one time, one of which was my Uncle Wayne and the other which was my Uncle Chad...I feel for both of you. But, this is me and me likes to sit down with her coffee and check her email in silence in the mornings and me likes to keep up with the news and me likes to read for at least a few minutes a day without a child asking to color in my book. Me needs things to do.

That being said, I am having a GREAT time with my girls. I'm getting to know Ryleigh in such a deeper way. She talks to me about her friends and her thoughts and geeze, does this kid have some thoughts. She's learing Spanish at school and so we go around the house singing the same Spanish songs that I learned in high school. She also has a real interest in learning to read right now. She gets very furstrated theat she "doesn't know the words" in her books. So, we read and read and read and memorizing her books seems to pacify her for now. She knows her alphabet and recognizes many letters, so we're working on putting that together in such a way that she can start to sound out words. I think that once she catches on to the sounding out thing, she'll be off to the races with reading. Holy cow...I'm talking about my first baby starting to read. Excuse me while I take a tissue break...

Avery is progressing in her own way as well. She slept for a whole 30 min. in her own bed last night. Woo. I scooped her up, fed her a bit more and then let her sleep on my chest for 5 hours. This means that I slept for 5 hours as well. Woo! Her eyes are staying pretty wide open now. We joke that she's like a puppy dog because she wouldn't open her eyes for two weeks. Nursing is going so extremely well. She just eats me up which has done great things for both of us. She goes to the doctor on Friday for her one month check-up and I can't wait to see how much she weighs. At her one-week check-up she was 7 lbs. 13 oz.

Ryleigh is in school today and Avery and I are about to set out for the grocery store. We're starting to get out a little bit more, but the doctor wants me to keep Avery pretty much only at home until she's 6 weeks old. I'm looking forward to being able to take more outings with both the girls.

Daddy will be home on the 20th and we can't wait...Momma needs to take a nice long, hot bath with a good book. Look for my next post and picutures on Friday after the doctor's appointment.

No comments: