Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Coping with Addiction

Part of our efforts to ready our house for sale has been power washing every concrete surface around our house. Power washing kicks so much ass. If you have never power washed, you will be amazed at what it can do for your house. Especially here in good ol' humid Houston, where your home grows greenery like an oversize Chia pet. I actually don't advise that you do any power washing in West Texas; I would hate to be responsible for you tipping your trailer house over. (Disclaimer: Trailer livin' jokes may only be made by those that live and/or have lived in a trailer, perferably single wide.)

Jeramy spent 5 hours on Saturday power washing the front driveway, walkway and sidewalk. I kept checking on him to see how he was doing and to provide him with moral support, but I was really just dying to take that power washer and do it myself. Imagine my delight when he came down with a tummy bug on Sunday and I got to power wash the back porch all by myself. It took me two days since I could only power wash when Avery was sleeping, but it was a whole lotta fun, I tell you what. I got my back porch squeeky clean and then moved on to the brick behind the bushes and ended with the little plastic toddler slide that we've had at our last three homes. I even tackled the fence a bit, but wasn't sure I was making it any better. Before I began powering the bark off the oak tree, Avery woke up. It's probably just as well though, I've heard that trees need their bark.

So, if you have the time, come check out our nice, clean driveway. Never mind the thick, black sludge at the end of the driveway. We're one good rain from that not being an issue.

No comments: