Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not Slowing Down Now

Soooo much has been going on this past week. First off, the girls:

Ryleigh had her 4th birthday party last weekend and it was awesome! We had it at the Houston Museum of Natural Science and I think the kids had a blast. It got a little hairy when we took them through the butterfly atrium, but all the parents really helped out and got the kids through without too much of an issue. The cutest part?..the bees. The kids all really loved the bees and Ryleigh made sure to let everyone know which one was the queen. (The bee hive is in an enclosed plexi glass hive with a clear tube leading to the world so the bees can go collect nectar) Ryleigh really seemed to enjoy "her day" and it was so wonderful that she got to see some her school friends before the big move.

Avery is growing like crazy! She is very mobile and can crawl like a pro. She's also pulling up to anything she can reach and yesterday she started clapping. She can also say and wave bye and when the house inspector came by yesterday, she actually started waving and saying bye when he left and I said bye. She had her first hair cut last week and goes in for her 9 month check up on Friday. 9 months!!!! Already!!!!

Jeramy and I are struggling to keep our sanity during this move. Our realtor put the sign in front of our house last night. The house should be up on MLS today and we're hoping for some showings this weekend. Keeping house has never been my forte, so please pray that the cleaning fairies watch over me and keep me on task. I had to force myself to do the dishes this morning after breakfast rather than go roll around in the floor with the kids or go for a walk, which is my normal thing. Who knows, maybe I'll come out of this a better person, or at least a better housekeeper. Yeah, who am I kidding, my first order of business when I get to Canada is to find a maid service!

So, everything is moving along nicely. Our official move date is the 24th and 25th of July. On July 27th I will start to head west and Jeramy will fly to Canada. Right now I'm thinking that we will fly to St. John's on August 21st.

So, our next big hurdle is to sell the house. We are really hoping that it goes quickly. And then there is the mountain of paperwork that I need to get to for the realtor and the relocation company. Blah.

And then there is the insurance for the Skidoo. I got an email from an insurance person in St. John's and this was included: "Other than liability coverage you will often see a person purchase fire and theft coverage and sometimes full comprehensive which covers fire, theft and vandalism. This would also cover you if your skidoo was to go through ice while crossing a pond."

For the record, Jack, there will no crossing of frozen bodies of water in a Skidoo or via any other mode of transporation including my feet. Don't believe I will be needing that coverage, thank you very much...but what if I hit a moose?

No comments: