Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ryleigh: Scientist/Entrepreneur

This morning I had to drive about 5 minutes away to Home Depot to get a copy of my house key made for the lockbox on our door. During the drive back, Ryleigh hatched this master plan. She explained it to me like this:

"Hey mom. When we go back to the beach by our new house in Canada, I'm going to take my bucket with me and pick up a lot of rocks. Then, we can put the rocks in our house and make a museum out of our house. The rocks can go on the couch and people can come and see them. They can pay us ten dollars to come in and see our rock museum. But, not when daddy is on the rig. When daddy is on the rig, we will have to make a sign to put on the door that will say that the museum is closed because daddy is on the rig. Then, when daddy gets off the rig, we will make a sign that says that the museum is open because daddy is not on the rig anymore! We will charge them ten dollars...or they can just give us whatever money they have. Isn't that a great idea??"

Yes, we are so proud. Of all the things that we have dreamed our children would be, topping the list is "must love rocks". We're so proud!

No comments: