Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Very Good Day

This morning started off with a phone call at about 7:50am from Canada. On the other line, one of two preschools that I left a message with yesterday while trying desperately to find a preschool for Ryleigh. In Newfoundland, preschools are not at easily found as they are here. Daycares are relatively easy to come across, but a decent quality preschool, a little more tricky. The woman calling from Early Achievers (www.earlyachievers.com) informed me that they had one spot left for the fall. I'll take it!!! That's one issue solved.

In chatting with the director of the school I mentioned that we were still looking for a house to rent. She told me that her husband's secretary was moving abroad due to her husband's job and that they had been trying to sell their house, but might be open to renting at this point. I took the woman's info and immediately made the phone call. She was a lovely woman and after a quick conversation she asked if she could call me back after speaking with her husband. 10 minutes later she called me back and voila, we have a house!

And to all those people that told me not to stress out about the first house we lost yes, good for you, congratulations, you appear to be right, this house may actually be better than the first. It's slightly bigger (which may totally justify a housekeeper) and it's very close to the first house. It's on a large lot with a great back deck, and, well, it's just about perfect. Jeramy recalls driving by this house and seeing the for sale sign and said that it's in a great neighborhood. I've just been walking around with a jump and a skip in my walk and with a huge grin on my face all day. Once again, we have a house, we are not homeless. I'll feel better when we are signing a lease, but for now, it's all good in the hood...the Canadian hood...yo.

Other than finding a home for my family today we had a full day of activities. Ryleigh had tap/ballet at 11, both of the girls got a haircut at 12:30, then we grabbed a bite to eat and came home for some "quiet time". Yeah right when Grandma Terri is here. Then, this evening, Ryleigh got all dressed up and we headed to Chick-Fil-A for the Princess Party. I have been looking forward to this party all week long. Not only did Ryleigh get to dress up as a princess, not only did she get to meet the REAL Cinderalla and the REAL Sleeping Beauty, not only did she get to have her picture taken by Christine Meeker for FREE (same overpriced photographer that did the family pics in our house), not only did she get to have glitter make-up put on her face and glitter sprayed in her hair, she also got to ride in a HOT PINK LIMO that said GIRLS ONLY on the side. Holy Shit, what a day!

Neither of the girls put up much of a fight when we got home as far as going to bed went. Ahhh, sweet, sweet sleep. Mama needs some wine, there's reason to celebrate!

No comments: