Saturday, January 3, 2009

Am I Doing Something Wrong? Everything Maybe??

I had this conversation with Ryleigh tonight, after visiting some friends for a little New Year get together. They have several play areas in their house.

Ryleigh: Mom, I want to have two playrooms.
Mom: Really? Beacause when I was growing up I didn't have any playrooms.
Ryleigh: Really??? How did you play???
Mom: I played in my room, which I shared with my sister and my bed.
Ryleigh: Why?
Mom: Because we were poor and we had a small house. Ryleigh, do you realize how lucky you are? Most kids don't have playrooms and most kids don't have a house this big.
Ryleigh: Why?
Mom: Because you are just really lucky to have a daddy that works so hard to get you nice things.

Seriously, I couldn't come up with a better answer than that?? What is wrong with us that my daughter just asked for a second playroom???? She's just begging to have to share a room with her grouchy, orderly, snoring little sister. Perhaps having to attempt to sleep through teeth grinding and log sawing would make her realize just how lucky she is to have a playroom.

1 comment:

Kerry Beth said...

before you know it it will be, but mom i neeeeeeeeeeeeeed that new iphone or i'll just DIE!
still waiting on that pic by the way......