Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Folks, We're Just Getting Started!

We got our first big snow storm today. Actually, it's still going on right now. It's supposed to dump about 10cm on us when it's all said and done. With all the accumulation we've had since December 31st, here are some pics of the back door and back deck.






When we decided to make this move, I was told by some former expats that I know (including my mother in law) that the friends I made while living abroad would be some of the best friends that I would ever have. I could have never imagined that they would be so right so quickly. I have made some amazing friends since I've moved here, both expats and Newfoundlanders. I have really enjoyed reading my fellow expat friends' blogs if only to let me know that I'm not the only one learning about snow for the first time. (Staci, you blew snow in your face, I totally busted my ass on my driveway while attempting to shovel.)

Much love to all my new friends and to all your beautiful, wonderful children. You have enriched my (new) life more than I could have ever imagined.

2 comments:

Staci said...

No doubt these are some awesome adventures. Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to get together again!

Betsy said...

i, for one, can't believe we managed to make it out of sugar land without meeting but will be forever grateful that we remedied that ASAP! :D