Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lovin' My Tan

Jeramy made it back home from the rig in plenty of time to make our Mexico trip. We flew out at 7am on the 17th. After our brief layover in Toronto we were on our way to Puerto Vallarta. With the 3 1/2 hour time difference we were at the resort by about 3pm local time. The first order of business, put on bathing suit, order strawberry daquiri. Ahhhh, warmness, how very nice.

It was a very fun week. Jeramy did a fishing trip with the guys. He and I snuck away to swim with dolphins by ourselves (thank you Pam for babysitting) and later on we took Ryleigh to do the kiddo swim with the dolphins. We took a boat tour of the canals and saw lots of crocodiles. Jeramy went parasailing and we ate more food in one week than I normally do in one month. It was all-inclusive, why have one dessert when you can have two! And seriously, who doesn't feel like a queen when you have unlimited amounts of guacamole at your disposal.

Then there was the wedding and just like that Jeramy and I have a new sister. The ceremony was so sweet and intimate. Valerie is a really sweet girl and I'm so happy for Chris having found her to make his life whole.

We all got lots of sun and lots of swimming in. The girls seemed like they were tired the whole time. I think the sun just really zapped it out of them. It was depressing to come home to over a foot of snow in our driveway, but the trip seemed to have left us with a much needed refueling. We got back home at 4am Wednesday morning. Our snow clearing guy used up the last pre-paid clearing while we were gone, so the driveway was quite difficult to get into when we got home since the asshole is sure as hell not going to clear it if he doesn't have his money in hand. Dude, you know where we live! It was a good thing our taxi driver was a seasoned old Newfie; he backed that minivan up and just gunned it right up the driveway. Jeramy's 4x4 truck didn't have any problem navigating the drive, but he spent some time this morning running my truck up and down to make sure I could get out...I'm pretty sure he had some fun with the Land Rover in the snow while he was at it.

So yesterday and today has been cold, wet, foggy and just plain gross. It's making me yearn for the sun. If I have to hear from one more person back home about the flowers blooming and the kids starting to go to the waterparks I'm just going to vomit. People, keep it to yourself...you don't brag to Ethiopian children about all the yummy food you have.

I'm still working on downloading and organizing all the pictures that we took. I'll post a link on the blog as soon as I have them all in Shutterfly. In the mean time, enjoy this link that I got from a friend in Denver. It's just about the funniest damn thing I've read in a long time...but you may need to have come home from 10 hours of flying at 4am to a foot of snow in your driveway to really appreciate it.

1 comment:

jandscanada said...

I am with you 100% about hearing about all of the flowers down in Texas. KB called last week and left a message saying she "hoped I was out in the yard doing fun things" (Like planting). Right....I still have several feet of snow FROZEN in the yard.
KB's Mom Suzanne