Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spinning My Ass Off

As many of you know, I have become a work-out-a-holic since we moved to Canada. For one reason, the size of my ass, and for the second reason, I ain't got shit to do but hang out at the gym (worst housekeeper ever, right here!), and for the third reason, they have childcare so for four dollars I get up to an hour and half break from Avery. Since September I have gone from a size 12 to a size 8. Go me.

Today was my weekly spinning class. For those not hip to the lingo, spinning is the trendy term for stationary bike riding class. I enjoy this Tuesday morning class because it is done by a trainer that I've used a few times that is very encouraging and doesn't make you feel fat and hopeless. Today there was a sub.

This guy was the most horrible instructor I've ever seen teach a class at a gym. I had to wipe the permanent look of shock off my face at least 15 different times during the class. He worked out along with the class and it was as if he were trying to compete with us or at least show us up. Hence making me feel fat and hopeless. The thing is, he was sweating and out of breath way more than anyone in the class. It was so bad, I couldn't understand a word that he was shouting at us as he cranked up his resistance and stood up in the pedals and started climbing that hill. Permanent look of shock. Don't even get me started on his music selection...I didn't know if we were going to drink martinis or work out. I looked longingly into the class next door doing step aerobics. Maybe mom is right, I should give Curves a try.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

so funny! i've been thinking about writing my own post called 'working my ass off--literally' about the same thing. you know--the size of my ass and not having anything else to do! :D i was having trouble not laughing out loud the whole time that dude was spinning.