Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend is THE reason I love living here. Holy cow, has it been nice! The sun has been shining, not a cloud in sight and all of us have been soaking up the vitamin D outside. Jeramy took Ryleigh on a 2 hour hike yesterday on the East Coast trail about an hour from here and she LOVED it, just complained a little bit about her legs hurting. It was so cute to see her pack up her little backpack with her camera, water, binoculars and granola bar. She put on her hat and out the door my wilderness explorers went. We ended the day with taco and movie night, the movie of the week: Despareux

Jeramy made us chili for lunch today, yummy! After Avery's nap we went to run a few errands (bought a Wii and some cleaning supplies) and swung by Bowring Park to feed the ducks and take a nice walk. Ryleigh kept wanting to go off on the trails. She's such a little adventurer and just loves being out in nature. I love it! Tonight we set up our new Wii and got in a few games before the girls had to go to bed. Ryleigh and I kicked Jeramy's butt in some bowling, go girls!

Tomorrow is a holiday here in Canada. They call it Victoria Day, so yay for the 3-day weekend! I plan on doing some spring cleaning to prepare the house for some visitors this week. My old boss from Sugar Land and good friend Cindy and her husband Rob are coming to visit on Tuesday. The weather isn't going to be exactly glorious while they're here, but I have things planned for when the sun does peek out from behind the clouds. I'm so excited, we love to have visitors from back home! So, get your plane ticket, pack your bags and come on!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Enjoy your Wii I have one down in the basement I need to blow the dust off of.
I am loving this weather.

Karen W. said...

Um, 3 day weekend? Isn't every day the weekend for you? :)