Wednesday, May 6, 2009

On Being Big

The weather today turned out to be just unbelievable. The girls and I spent a lot of time outdoors. First over at a friend's house Avery and I had coffee, breakfast and some great playtime outside. At this morning's gathering we celebrated the recent birth of one of our fellow expat mum's baby boy. We also found out that one of our fellow expat families will be moving back to Texas. Like most of us here, they have mixed feelings about whether they want to go or stay, but they will be missed!

This afternoon it was actually warm enough to wash my car! Granted, I did it in my water proof shoes, jeans and a long sleeve shirt....my fingers turned blue from the cold water, but hey, I was outside, NOT SHOVELING SNOW!

Avery slept while I washed the car, but Ryleigh got to do something much more exciting. She got to go to the park....by herself! Before you go callin' CPS, the park is right across the street from our house and I could see her the whole time because I was right out front, washing my car. I walked her across the street and then headed back up the drive and watched her walk, no strut the rest of the way to the playground. I could tell that she really felt sooo big. This coupled with the fact that she also recently figured out how to open the child locks on the cabinets and the child-proof door handles means that she is allll sorts of big girl these days. I really am starting to feel nervous...it's the calm before the storm, I just know it.

2 comments:

Collin and Marisa said...

I just washed my car today. It seems like everytime I wash my car it rains, which is typical in Germany. One of about 5 parks in our town is only a few houses down. I love that! I wish more parks were like that in Texas.

Your girls are so cute! Enjoy the spring weather.

-Marisa

Staci said...

Oh wow so big. I can just see her struttin her stuff all the way to the swings.