Sunday, November 2, 2008

Remember When

Remember when cartoons only came on Saturday mornings and you couldn't just sleep the morning away and expect to catch them because by 10am the grown up shows were back on? You couldn't just stay in bed and tell yourself that cartoons will be on when you decide to roll out because there is that 24 hour cartoon channel where the cartoons are always on. Actually there are 4 channels that broadcast cartoons 24 hours a day. And you couldn't say to yourself on Friday night, "Self, my favorite show is on at 9am tomorrow, but since I don't want to get up until noon, I'll just set the DVR so that I can watch my favorite cartoon at my total leisure". Well, you could set the VCR to record your favorite show, but I never knew anyone who knew how to set the VCR to record in advance even though it was rumored that it could indeed record in such a way. But you couldn't whine to your mom that you wanted to watch cartoons at any moment of the entire day because she would have just said, silly child, cartoons aren't on right now, and she wouldn't have been totally telling the truth.

No comments: