Saturday, November 22, 2008

To Know Jeramy is to Love Him

Last weekend we had a family over for some afternoon football watching and chili eating. I met the wife through a mutual friend and was excited to learn that they too were from Texas. I asked Jeramy if he minded me having over my new found friend and family to watch football and he reluctantly said yes. He was not really in the social kind of mood, but whatever makes me happy! (He clearly wanted some canoodling later on) Once Jeramy was finished getting dressed for the ocasion, he placed atop his head his new, free, beer hat...the beer hat that had come free in his recently purchased box of beer. Dude, it's like a happy meal, you can get a different toy, er, I mean hat, with every box! So, okay, whatever.

When the family arrived I introduced everybody to everybody and Jeramy quickly took note of the husband's t-shirt which stated "Brewed in Newfoundland". He asked the husband where he got such a cool shirt to which the husband replied something like "Dude, it came in a box of beer"!

Me thinks to me self, well good, they'll have some common ground to get them started.

3 comments:

Staci said...

As expensive as the beer is here we will take anything FREE!!!

The Biddicks said...

My husband would be so jealous, I am not telling him or next thing you know we will be moving to Canada.

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious. If you ever visit DC, I'll have to take Jeramy over to our local beer store. Free food AND nifty trinkets.