Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving passed for us with very little comotion. Jeramy had to work all day, Ryleigh went to school and I made spaghetti that night. (Canadian Thanksgiving was on October 13th)

The biggest priority for us here lately has been preparing for winter. The girls both have their complete snow suites and boots. I bought my boots on Friday and yesterday we had my Land Rover outfitted with studded snow tires. There is a bag of salt in our garage along with two snow shovels. Bring on the snow! Jeramy is still greatly lacking in snow gear, but we'll get to it.

This morning we set out for downtown to go watch the annual Christmas parade. We met some friends at the Fairmont for brunch first then set out in the about 35 degree weather to watch the parade. Despite the cold, it was a nice and clear day. Last night was raining so bad that the street next to our house flooded, so we felt pretty lucky that things had cleared up. The parade was about an hour and a half long, making it the longest parade I have ever sat through. The girls did very well, but after about an hour Ryleigh starting complaining about the cold. But once Santa started heading our way, the cold was the last thing from her mind. All in all, it was a good time. Both of the girls crashed in the car on the way home and were still exhausted tonight when it was time to go to bed.

Of course, I forgot the camera this morning, I was more concerned with warm clothes. We'll go see Santa soon and I'll make sure and get some new shots of the girls then.

No comments: