Monday, April 27, 2009

Bergs, Ducks and a Beautiful Swan

It was an absolutely GORGEOUS weekend here in Newfoundland. The Montgomery family took full advantage of all the weather had to offer and got out and on the go the whole weekend. Saturday morning we got up and did a few things around the house and outside the house. It's still not quite time for flowers (slow down there Staci), but the hanging baskets are out and ready to go! At noon on Saturday I headed over to a friends house for my first hiking experience in many, many years. It was AWESOME! We hiked a part of the East Coast Trail....actually it was this part of the trail. The views were just spectacular and there were THREE icebergs along our way that were really close to the coast. Sooo much fun. I can't wait to do some more during the months ahead!


While I was getting my hike on, Jeramy took the girls over to a friend's house for a cook out. He said that they had a blast and came home and just crashed that night. I didn't know because I got to go out with the girls on Saturday! Sunday was my morning to sleep in and I thought I would need it after going out, but I woke up at 7am so full of energy! We all four got dressed and were downtown for breakfast by 8:30. A fritatta later we were on our way to see the three icebergs I saw the day before. After taking lots of pictures and sneaking onto private property for the money shot of the biggest berg we came back into town and let the girls feed the ducks at Bowring (pronounced more like boring) Park. I got to see my first live swan and man, are those suckers big! We grabbed lunch at Rustlers and I got to have Jigg's Dinner for the first time. Kind of like Thanksgiving dinner, but with less sweet stuff. Sunday evening we had our lovely neighbours over for hamburgers. The kids got to run around and it was just the perfect way to wind down a wonderful weekend. We even got the horseshoes out for a little game.


Here's to great weather ahead and great friends to share it with!


















1 comment:

Staci said...

I am itching to get some flowers in the ground but I will wait since I know they will just freeze.