Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It Starts

This morning the girls and I came down stairs and sat at the table for breakfast as we always do after Jeramy leaves for work. I got them set up with their normal bowls of organic koala chocolate rice crispies for Ryleigh and oatmeal from Avery and I. Then I turned on the television for our morning cartoons.

It started out on Ryleigh's cartoon channel, but I was kind of bored with that so I tried to sneak on a recorded Jon and Kate Plus 8 that I haven't seen. Ryleigh was having none of that so I turned it back to cartoons, just a different channel, a channel that had on In the Night Garden, a Canadian children's show that is similar to Teletubbies. Avery squealed with delight, Ryleigh huffed in disgust because In the Night Garden "is for BABIES!". So I turned it back to Ryleigh's original cartoon channel which quickly prompted Avery to throw and fit and reach out for the remote. Not believing what I was seeing happen before my very eyes I took the remote and changed it back to In the Night Garden. Once again Avery squealed with delight and Ryleigh let it be known that "THIS SHOW IS FOR BABIES!".

TV off....eat your breakfast and lets just all pretend that what just happened never happened (except for the fact that I'm going to blog about it later) and lets also pretend that you two didn't just get a whole day older.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

ah, the joys of having children that are old enough to fight with each other. i honestly can't remember what it was like before kyle and nat started arguing. :D