Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hello Internet

So, I have a new addiction. It's called Facebook and it sucks the life out of you. It definitely keeps you from posting lots of good stuff about your kids on your blog for all of the internet to read. I have comes to terms with my addiction and now that I have Facebook on my Blackberry, I expect to be able to spend more quality time online writing on my blog.

So the kids did survive my time away and my wonderful husband even had the house nice and tidy upon my return. I pretty much spent all of last week getting the laundry caught up and working my butt off in the gym to undo the damage that my weekend in New York caused.

I picked up one of these in New York as a gift for Ryleigh. I thought it was unique and cool and that she would love it. Little did I know that Avery would want one too. They have spent every day since I've been back fighting over Penelope so Jeramy will be picking up another one the next time he's in Houston, which by the way happens to be the next few weeks.

Things around here remain cold. It's been snowing every few days, but the overall accumulation hasn't been that bad. We even had one day last week that the temperature got up to around 50 degrees F., so a lot of the snow melted. We leave for a week in Mexico on March 17th and I really can't wait. The thought of natural heat warming my body just sounds too good to be true.

On Sunday I took Ryleigh ice skating for the second time. Open skate is every Sunday night and she is quite a natural I must say. The first time I wouldn't allow her to let go of the "helper" (PVC pipe shaped like a walker to provide support), but on Sunday she just took off without me. I do plan on taking the camera the next time we go, so look for that. But with Jeramy being gone, I don't know when we'll get another chance to go skating.

Oh, and guess what y'all...my neighbour (Canadian spelling) built a skating rink in their backyard. No kidding, it's kind of like a 3 inch wading pool that they let freeze and then keep it clean and even and there you go. Really cool, something I just never thought about one being able to do in their backyard.

Okay, Avery is asleep and Ryleigh just ate lunch, time to go read some books and get some snuggle time in.

1 comment:

Kerry Beth said...

ooohhh, those are cute!
you think my house will be clean after my weekend away in march? wishful thinking on my part.