Monday, February 2, 2009

Preparing for Departure

What a great weekend! I accomplished pretty much everything that I wanted to, except for finding a bathing suit. It's just a little too early for that so I'll either have to find one back home of just get one in Mexico next month. Since trying on bathing suits is really never that much fun with my post baby body, I'm not too disappointed. Especially since we got to see Regis and Kelly this morning!

We had a wake-up call at 6am, got dresseed and headed out at about 6:45. We got to the studio at 6:55 and took our place in the standby line. We weren't really sure how long it would take to find out if we were going to get a seat or not. You can get tickets to the show, but that has to be done months in advance and planning that far ahead just doesn't happen in my world. At 8:10 they finally had let all the ticket holders in and they gave us a standby number. I was 15, Becca was 16. It wasn't looking good. They told us we could go have some breakfast and coffee and come back at 8:30. At 8:45 they finally asked for numbers 1-10. They didn't tell us to leave, so we just stood there looking desperate. At 8:55, they called 11-16. We couldn't hear the numbers called and the beotches in front of us that had higher numbers were trying really hard to keep us from knowing we had just been called. I asked the guy what he said and when I heard through 16, I grabbed Becca and we dashed inside. We took our seats and enjoyed the show. Kelly is way skinnier in person than on TV, yeah, that is possible. I'm talking 10 year old boy skinny. She was very funny though and quite lively. We got to see Terri Hatcher and Adam Samburg (from SNL), oh yeah, and Scary Spice. It was cool and was worth getting up early and waiting in the cold for.

We're all packed and are about to head out the door for the airport. Looking forward to seeing my girls and my husband! It's been a great trip, but there's no place like home.

No comments: