Monday, April 6, 2009

I Came Into This Monday With Such High Hopes

*take sip of coffee*

I woke up this morning at about 6:30 to a baby still asleep in her crib, a four year old asleep in my bed and a husband walking out the door to work. Hello Mommy time. I got up and started to get myself dressed and when I heard Avery stirring in her room I was able to walk in with a smile on my face and sweep her out of bed and into my snuggling arms. We had some good snuggle time on the couch while our oatmeal cooked and then made it through breakfast with my good mood in tact. Then it was time to wake up the beast.

*take sip of coffee*

Ryleigh was not into our good moodiness and went through several outfits before she could put something on and not "cry for a hundred years!". She made it through breakfast and allowed me to do her hair if I wouldn't use water because if I did she would "cry for a hundred years!". After kicking her out of the car....I mean dropping her off at school I decided to skip my workout today and instead clean up the house.

This proved quite difficult because Avery did indeed attempt to cry for a hundred years once we got home. The mistake was letting her run around outside for a bit so she could enjoy some of the warmness (and this is a very relative term, you people in Texas with your organic herb gardens and blooming things) that has entered our world the past few days. She did NOT want to go inside and once inside, she did NOT want to do ANYTHING but whine. I was quite thrilled when it was time to go get Ryleigh and even left early so that Avery could goof around outside the school and take her time climbing the stairs to get her sister.

*gulp down rest of coffee cup*

Now it's only 1:45pm and I'm already worn out for the day. Avery is sleeping, but I know she will be up soon and I'm hoping to take a walk if the girls will have it. It's just one of those days that I feel the outnumberedness and I am scared.

My intention when getting on the internet was to blog about our outing yesterday to go see Max and Ruby. Of course Betsy already beat me to it so you can go here and read all about how we got ripped off. If it weren't for the fact that we were all in it together, it would have been a total bust. However, when you get so many little people all in one car, you really can't help but be amused. I know the kids had fun, and that's all that matters, but for what we paid for the tickets we could have had a private clown at our house entertain them for hours with money left over for margaritas for the grown-ups. Hell, enough margaritas and I'll get in a Ruby suit and entertain everyone. And my show shall be called "Ruby Gets Tired of all of Max's BS and Puts the Smack Down on Him Big Sister Style" because seriously, this is what I root for every time I am forced to watch that show.

*head to the coffee pot for refill*

1 comment:

Betsy said...

girl, i will provide the margaritas and the ruby costume if i get to see the smackdown. or do you think we could privately hire the people that put on the rip-off show to come over and then we could give them the smackdown? i'd pay for that.