Thursday, April 16, 2009

What A Gift

I just added a link over to the right under my list of favorite websites. It's a link to a blog started by someone that I am related to, though have yet to meet. It's an amazing website filled with pieces of information about my heritage. My mother's maiden name is Wood and the website details the lineage of the Wood and Newman family back to where they join together. The Newman part of my family can be traced to the original 300 settlers of Texas and for that reason, I am eligible to join the Daughters of the Republic of Texas organization. I'll learn more about all of this when I attend the Wood/Newman family reunion this June in Amarillo, Texas, something I am really excited about.

Here is the link to the blog. It really is very cool that I have this wonderful gift. It got me to thining about the fate of my own blog someday and how it is possible that this blog could become something that I can pass down to my children as a record or my existence, of our existence. Perhaps someday it will be the record of several generations of this family's existence. How very cool.

2 comments:

Karen W. said...

Are you sure they allow Canadians in the Daughters of the Republic of Texas organization? I think when you move there you forfeit your membership. That's it... time to move home!

Betsy said...

That's so awesome!