Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Day in the Sun

Balmorrhea totally rocked. We didn't get there until a little after noon, but that just meant that we optimized our chances for skin cancer. (there was sun block all the way around, especially for the children) We strapped Ryleigh's floaties on and off she went and jumped right into the 20 ft. deep end of the pool. Mom, PaPa and I swam around with her while Nana watched Avery.

Oh, what a horrible, dreadful job for her...she was just eating that child up. While we were swimming my phone rang twice and my Nana told me that both times Avery heard the ring, put her hand over her ear and said some variance of "hello"! Oh, and I wish that everyone could have heard that child talking to her Daddy this morning...I really think that she brightened his day with her jibber jabber.

The little fishes nipped at Ryleigh's feet and made her giggle, but she loved it. We played like we were sharks and tipped over Grandma. We tried out a diving mask and used Papa's swim noodle as a water launcher.

For lunch we had a feast of sandwiches, chips and homemade brown sugar cookies...mmmmmmmm, mmmmmmm. After a little more water play, we headed home for the evening. All in all, it was a fantastic chance to spend some quality time with Ryleigh and my grandparents and my mom.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

you said you enjoyed your day with your grandparents and your mom. What about dad? hehe