Saturday, August 16, 2008

Preparing for Departure



Our bags are packed and the girls are in bed getting some good sleep before our big day tomorrow. So much is running through my mind. Things like, will the children behave on the plane tomorrow, did I pack enough diapers for the trip, will we have time to have breakfast in Houston before our next flight and what the hell have decided to do. Oh god, what have we done! I think what is most disturbing is that I'm leaving Texas. I will no longer live in Texas. So much of who I am has to do with living in this state. My wonderful friend Kathleen got me a charm of Texas with a heart cut out in the middle. I've been wearing it around my neck and it will serve as a reminder that no matter where my things are, my heart is always here.

Speaking of our things, they are currently somewhere between here and there. The truck might make it to St. John's this week but I think whether it makes it or not, I will be staying in the house instead of a hotel. I don't care if I have to get us all blow-up matresses, I want to be home. I want our family to be together in a home with a fridge and a stove.

So, off we go tomorrow and there have been tears shed all the way around. I have really enjoyed this time I've had in Monahans. I think that being in between homes has allowed me to make this truly my temporary place to live. I have felt so Present since I've been here which has helped me to just Be in my parent's house. (how am I doing Michelle?)
Think of us tomorrow as I attempt to make three flights and two layover with this adorable face:



No comments: