Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Livin' it up Country Style

We've been at my parents' house since Sunday night and so far it's really been a blast. We've spent a lot of time with my grandparents and my parents. Last night we all headed out to the Monahans Sandhills (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/monahans_sandhills/). On Sunday we plan on going to the Carlsbad Caverns (http://www.nps.gov/cave/) to watch the bats that night and then walk the caves on Monday. We're also hoping to make a trip to Ft. Davis before we have to fly out on the 17th.

We had such an excellent time at the sandhills last night. It's so strange to watch your little four year old daughter out on the dunes doing what you did with the sand just a few years back..okay, maybe something like 20 years back. My Papa was out there with us and showed us all up by walking out over the dunes the farthest. Then we all had some homemade ice cream!

So, we've only seen two scorpions in the house and one snake (not confirmed as a rattlesnake) going across the road. Ahhhh, gotta love the land of creatures. And, Ryeigh got her first ant bite. She still freaks out when she sees a fly, but I think that might change before we leave here. Buggies! just totally freak her out.

I'm going to make a strong attempt to go work out with my Papa in the morning. That means that I need to get to sleep very soon. 8am comes early for me these days!

Keep Jeramy in your thoughts. He's living all alone up in St. John's and having to spend his nights in a hotel room. I think that we're all ready to get set up in our new house, though I absolutely dread all the unloading that will commence once our stuff arrives. But hell, what else does a housewife living in the great northeast have to do with her days!

1 comment:

Kerry Beth said...

wow, that looks prety cool. (pls forgive the suprise you sense coming from me!)sand dunes in west texas?
so glad you are enjoying your family. you are missed in h-town, well sl-town. love you girls :-)