Saturday, August 9, 2008

Scorpion #3

The third scorpion showed up yesterday. We think that he crawled in under the front door and commenced dying in the entryway. My dad bombed the house a few days before we got here, so any creature that we've found is either dead or dying. This scorpion I found when I slid my shoes off and almost placed my foot upon his body and up-turned stinger.


I've been stung twice before. Once I had one crawl into bed with me and sting me on the finger. The second time one crawled into my jeans and stung my knee - six times - after I got my pants, socks and shoes on and then knelt in front of a mirror. I wouldn't decribe either event as pleasant. I hate the little bastards and the fact that I'm still here after finding three of them is sort of amazing.


On Thursday night we went over to the Pyote pool for a friend's birthday party. I hadn't been to that pool since I was probably in elementary school. It looked pretty much the way that I remembered it. Ryleigh had a blast, especially since the shallow end was only 3 feet deep, shallow enough for her to stand up in.

On Friday the girls and I went over to Odessa to visit my grandmother and aunt. I think it is of the up most importance that my children seize every opportunity they get to know each of their grandparents and great-grandparents. I was blessed to know 6 of my great-grandparents with the last one passing just last year.

It was a great visit. Ryleigh and grandma played store and Ryleigh served us all tea and cake with the tea set that was at the house.

When we got back home I made some Chinese food and we watched the opening ceremony for the Olympics. I think that watching the games unfold in Beijing is totally awesome. I feel so proud for Chinese and thouroughly enjoyed their opening ceremony. If you didn't get to see the lighting of the flame, I highly recommend hunting it down on youtube or some other means.

My parents are out tonight and I'm sitting up in this big creepy house all by myself. What I would have done 12 years ago with an opportunity like this!

No comments: