Thursday, August 14, 2008

God Bless This Town

Today I went and checked out one of the latest attempts made by this town to join the 21st century...their very own Asian Nail Salon. Yes folks, even in Monahans you can "pick ya culla" and get your feet scrubbed and painted for the bargain price of $20. It's about freakin' time. I would rank the place pretty average, and I know my Asian nail salons. The place was clean, despite the fact that the same building has been used as a Churches Chicken, a Subway and a coffee shop in years past.

I also mailed a contract in to our relocation company which allows them to accept an offer on our house. Yes, we have an offer!! We've dropped the price quite a bit since we first put in on the market. Not exactly how we wanted it to play out, but the feedback that we were getting pretty much told us that it was too expensive and if we wanted to sell it fast, that's just what had to be done. We've got a bit more to do paperwork wise, but I really hope that we can be completely out from under the house in the next few weeks. Woo-Hoo!!!!!

Ryleigh hung around the house all day and tonight she skipped her bath and just took off last night's pajamas to put on tonight's. I'm a good mom. I think that we all just needed a day to recover from yesterday's day in the sun.

I'm sitting here trying to break up the fog taking over my brain that is the Olympics. Michael Phelps is totally infringing on my ability to get some good sleep. What do you you have to be so good??? It's just not human. It's nearing 11 and the swimming is over and I can go on living without seeing the gymnasitcs, so off to bed I go.

1 comment:

The Biddicks said...

HURRY TAKE YOUR CHILDREN AND RUN FROM THAT HOUSE!!! Ryleigh is turning into mom. :) And I can't get a good nights sleep without watching the gymnastic so it looks like another midnighter for me!