Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting into the Groove

We have been in our new home in St. John's for a little over a week. There is still much to be done, but we have definitely made great progress in getting settled in to our new home. There have been a few adjustments already, for example, the metric system and our house does not have air conditioning. Granted, it's much cooler here than Houston, but this is the hottest week of the year so yeah, at the moment an air conditioner would be nice.

The girls are doing very well. Ryleigh has already met a few girls at the park and Avery is as happy as ever (aside from the whole teething thing). Two days ago Avery took her first two unassisted steps. She can point to her nose on demand and loves to snatch any phone within her reach, hold it up to her ear and say "hello". When I say "yaaaayyyy" she claps her hands...she really is just more and more amazing every day. Ryleigh has entered a stage I refer to as "complete make-believe". She is in a constant state of make-believe and always has some elaborate story going on with her dolls and figurines. She seems to always have "a plan" and wants to make friends with every kid she sees walking down the street.

Jeramy is doing well. His job is keeping him very busy and his work continues to be challenging, but I know that he loves it. We went to the beach last weekend and I had to restrain myself from throwing his blackberry into the Atlantic, but I know that he's doing his best to strike a balance. The greatest moment of my day is when he walks through the door and I get to see not only the girls' faces light up, but his as well. We always have dinner together and he always reads to the girls before they go to sleep.

And me, well I'm doing just fine. I've settled into a routine and have gotten to know my new kitchen and my new house enough to feel comfortable. The air is so clean here and the scenery is just beautiful. When I look at the view out of my kitchen window I just can't believe it. The pine trees are so beautiful. Last weekend we went down to the beach and did some wading. That was short-lived because there were jellyfish hanging out just a few feet away. Ryleigh didn't want anything to do with being even within 10 feet of the water after we pointed out the jellyfish, but I couldn't quit looking at them, they were just so beautiful. Then Ryleigh decided to put pebbles in her ear so we had to jet off to the emergency room where we enjoyed sitting in the socialized healthcare's waiting room for four hours to have 4 rice sized pebbles washed out of her ear. Yeah, the perfect Sunday afternoon...:)

Jeramy will be in Houston for a week in November for training, then we will all be back in Texas for Christmas.

All our love and best wishes to everyone back home and elsewhere.

No comments: